How to Link Aadhaar Card with IRCTC.
The 12-digit Aadhaar Card Number has turned into an integral part of everyone’s life.
From different mobile SIM cards to your number of bank accounts name, you have to connect Aadhaar with practically every item. The IRCTC has recently launched its online web portal for booking tickets online. Notwithstanding, to book number of tickets, the client needs to connect their IRCTC account with their Aadhaar. Before connecting make sure you make all the updates to your Aadhaar Card.
Clients can benefit the office of reserving to 12 tickets in a month by connecting Aadhaar, the IRCTC’s site expressed.
Given below are a number of steps that you have to follow for linking your Aadhaar Card number to IRCTC account.
- Passengers traveling by train can book less than or six tickets in one month without sharing their Aadhaar card, as announced by IRCTC officials.
- Anyhow if the number of reserved tickets exceeds from six, it is necessary to share a unique Aadhaar card number of a user who has its account on IRCTC official website, again as announced by the IRCTC officials.
- Users by merely clicking on the Aadhaar KYC in the profile section on IRCTC Web Portal can update their unique Aadhaar card Number.
- After completing the above step, the user will receive OTP to the registered Phone Number that is required for the verification.
- Also, the 12-digit number of one of the passengers accompany them has to be updated in a master list. It will also be validated using the OTP.
- The accompany passengers names can also be stored in a master list. It ought to be done prior beginning the procedure for booking six or more tickets every month, IRCTC authorities said.
- This is all done to stop travel agents or touts booking tickets using fake User Accounts
- In general quota, six travelers are allowed to book their ticket in IRCTC Portal on a single ticket. On the other hand, 4 passengers are allowed to book their tickets on the single ticket.The railroads had reported in December a year ago that enlistment of Aadhaar Card number with the IRCTC was obligatory to benefit concessions from 1st April 2017, however, dropped the thought after resistance from different discussions.
Prior, in a move to make transportation less demanding, the Ministry of Railways said it has chosen to permit m-Aadhar, a computerized form of the Aadhaar card, as evidence of character for voyagers in any held class.
The railway’s authorities had also reported in December last year that enlistment of Aadhaar with IRCTC was obligatory to profit concessions from April 1, 2017, however, dropped the thought after resistance from different discussions.